General

Support groups

KarinPatient
April 9, 2024 in General

How do you feel about support groups??

Tagged:

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• walle004Patient

I think support groups can be helpful. It allows to see a different perspective. That you’re not alone in the struggle.

April 9, 2024
  • KarinPatient

Agree w you! @walle004 welcome to this community!

April 9, 2024
  • CamilleOther

I think support groups can be helpful but finding one that clicks for you and your needs is important. There is such an array and variety of the type of support we need so if you try something out and it’s not a good fit, there are still viable solutions out there - just have to find them.

April 16, 2024
  • DaraOther

I totally agree! Cancer can feel very lonely, and being with other patients and survivors is very helpful. I always say, magical things happen when cancer suriviors come together. That's what is so special about our How to Thrive After You Survive class!

April 30, 2024
  • MeeshyPatient

I love support groups. I was at my breaking point and found an online support group. It has helped so much just to feel “normal” again. I was feeling like the “awe poor lady she has cancer” girl with everyone around me. Then I joined the support group and no one felt bad or sad for me. No one treated me differently or delicately. I was “normal”. Yes we have cancer but we are still just us. We are still the same person we were a minute before we got diagnosed. And that’s all I wanted was to be treated the same way as the seconds leading up to diagnosis.

April 30, 2024
  • DaraOther

Magical things happen when cancer survivors come together. This is what is so special about our How to Thrive After You Survive class. We learn from each other, we support each other, we find out we aren't alone!

May 13, 2024