General — CancerLyfe

General

How are you feeling after our first class? Are you working on creating your mantra?

DaraOther
April 30, 2024 in General

A mantra is a group of words, inspiring phrase, prayer, that you say to yourself when you start to go down the worry/fear space. When we recognize our negative thoughts, we can replace them intentionally with our mantra. Overtime, you will be able to create the relaxation response in yourself.

It really works! What is your mantra? I would love to see what you come up with! Please share with us...

Tagged:

1 - 16 of 16 Replies

• DaraOther

Please share with us!

April 30, 2024
  • JackiePatient

Hi Dara, I am feeling really good after our first class and am reminded of a mantra that has helped me through since the very beginning of when I heard those words " you have cancer"

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Arthur Ashe.

April 30, 2024
  • DaraOther

Jackie,

You are a rock star and I couldn’t love this more!!! Can’t wait to hear how it works for you❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

April 30, 2024
  • JackiePatient

Thank you, Dara I have been reminded of a favorite affirmation: "My courage is stronger than my fear.

May 1, 2024
  • DaraOther

It certainly is!!! I’m so proud of you❤️

May 1, 2024
  • marisabankPatient

Really enjoyed our first class! In regards to positive affirmations, I wanted to share this self-love app called "I am". It provides super helpful reminders on your phone and it's free! You don't have to pay for it. Simply click the “X" on the top left or right of your phone screen (the one that tries to get you to pay for it) after downloading and you will be able to fully use it for free. You can also adjust how many reminders/notifications you get each day. Hope this helps someone out! I love it.

May 1, 2024
  • DaraOther

Thank you, Marisa! What a great thing to share with us…and so timely with our conversation about using positive affirmations! ❤️

May 2, 2024
  • JackiePatient

This morning when I woke up I went back to starting my day with the meditation and affirmation link that you shared with us when I last did the class. It felt great. 😊

May 2, 2024
  • DaraOther
  • DaraOther

Can't wait to see you tonight, for class 2!

May 6, 2024
  • DaraOther

Can't wait to see you tonight, for class 2!

May 6, 2024
  • CamilleOther

My favorite is “it’s all temporary.”

May 7, 2024
  • DaraOther

I love that Camille! What a great Mantra... how is it going using it?

May 7, 2024
  • lescp3Care Partner

I LOVE THAT!!!! Thank you for helping me with my day :)

May 8, 2024
  • DaraOther

Sometimes, it's easy to feel like whatever we're going through will last forever. It's a great reminder that "this shall pass," something my sweet Dad always tells me!

May 8, 2024
  • DaraOther

Remember, even though tonight is class 3... we want to still be practicing our mantra's... everything is connected and designed to help us move forward and THRIVE after we SURVIVE!

May 13, 2024